Acceptable Use Policy
About this policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access this website https://www.globalgrantcommunity.org and subdomains (the “site”) and any related Global Grant Community websites. This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of the site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement the Terms & Conditions for the use of the site.
Information about us
The Global Grant Community (“GGC”) is a collaborative initiative involving grantor and grantee organizations from all over the world.
At the core of the Global Grant Community is a new international standard called Good Financial Grant Practice (the GFGP standard).
The development of the GFGP standard was funded by Wellcome and the UKRI and was hosted at the African Academy of Sciences (AAS) in Nairobi, Kenya.
The development of the GGC portal (“the site”) was funded by the UK’s National Institute for Health Research, the UKRI and the European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP). The portal is supported by the AAS and hosted on Amazon Web Services in Ireland.
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the site in contravention of the provisions of the Terms & Conditions;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the site;
- any equipment or network on which the site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The AAS may from time to time provide interactive services on the site, including (without limitation):
- chat rooms; and
- bulletin boards,
(the “interactive services”).
The AAS is under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service it provides on the site, and it expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of the content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The interactive services must not be used by any minor.
Where the AAS does moderate an interactive service, it will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Completion of the compliance assessment questionnaire requires users to upload documents relating to certain procedures, processes and policies relating to their organization. These content standards apply to any and all material which you upload to the site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- be anonymised of all personal information and
- comply with the applicable law in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from the AAS, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
The AAS will determine, in its absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of the site. When a breach of this Policy has occurred, the AAS may take such action as it deems appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as the University reasonably feels is necessary.
The AAS excludes liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and the AAS may take any other action it reasonably deems appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
The AAS may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes the AAS may make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the site.
To contact us, please email email@example.com